Smart Factory overview:
A smart factory or Digitalising a manufacturing plant brings with it numerous benefits that affect the planning, quality, and development of products and logistics in the supply chain. Here are the most important competitive advantages:
- Speed and flexibility in the face of the unforeseen.
- Real-time digital and physical connection through sensors and IoT devices.
- Resource planning and optimisation.
- Reliability of stored data.
- Transparency between all departments.
In the long run, we have other advantages, such as the benefits that Machine Learning provides. We require time to collect and store enough data to plot a forecast in demand, perform preventive and predictive maintenance or generate digital twins, these are only some of the actions that Machine Learning can do for us.
To know more about digitalized products: