Permit to Work System Overview
Work permit is a formal management system that is used to control high-risk activities as part of the control safety measures. Companies make considerable efforts to ensure the safety of their operations and to protect the health and safety of their employees. Among all the control and prevention measures implemented, a work permit system is a key tool for managing workplace safety. It also ensures that communication happens between the production and maintenance teams throughout the job, from planning to preparation to job execution to handover and continuation of normal operations.
Why it is important to implement a Work permit
It is important to note that a safe work permit does not eliminate the risk of an incident on its own. Rather, it specifies the complications and risk-control measures that employees must be aware of before beginning work. A safe work permit system is an effective means of communicating critical safety information. Permits to work will usually be necessary for such activities as maintenance or construction work by external contractors
Permits will be required for the following types of work:
- Hot work Permit that is welding, soldering, or cutting using hot flame techniques outside of designated workshop area.
- Working at height, including on roofs
- Live working on electricity supply systems
- Chemical or acid work permit
- Excavation and the digging of trenches
- Isolation of or modification to fire safety systems, alarms, etc
The motive of the work permit is to:
- Ensure that the work that is to be performed is properly authorized.
- Clarify the nature and extent of the work
- Specify which precautions must be taken and which activities are prohibited.
- specify the date, time, and location where the specified activities may take place
- Ensure that everyone who has control over or is affected by the activity is aware of it.
- Provide a record of the work, that the specified precautions have been understood and enacted, and that the workplace and or equipment is returned to a safe condition.
How to Implement Permit to work?
A well-designed software solution will be provided where users can create the work permit for the contractors/visitors/vendors, online approval can be taken place by the concerned department. Once the approval is done then the security will do all the process during the entry/exit process. The software also controls and raise an alert if any work permit is going to expired or already expired
Process of Permit to work
|Server||OnPremise and Cloud options are there|
|User Types||User, Engineer, Executives,Security|
|Approvals||Escalation with Approvals for Every Work Permit|
|Security Checkin||Security checkin option with Documents Support|
|Reports||Permit based Report|
|Portal||Online portal for Work permit access and approvals from Anywhere|
|Modules||–> New Work Permit Requisition|
–> Security Checkin
–> Admin Management with Employee Database
–> Admin Priveledges
|Ease of Installation||Can be Installed & Configured within hours|
- Allows the executives to create Work permit through website online
- No limit in creating work permit for a day
- Security can check-in or check-out the guest according to work permit approval status
- Approval escalation matrix is embedded into the software package
- Reports can be created as pdf anytime anywhere.
On Average 210 Incidents happen in a Year
There are so many potential benefits of choosing the digital work permit, here are some mentioned below :
- Decrease of time required when planning permits: thanks to drop-down lists, already configured in the system, it is possible to select the operations to be carried out, the authorized persons and the controls to be carried out in one click. An important time-saving at this stage.
- Faster work permit approval: There is no longer any need to move to another place to validate permits. Approval is done remotely from data and planned elements on the system. This will also allow saving time.
- Faster decision making: Instant access to information recorded on the system improves control and visibility of both planned and ongoing work. Real-time analysis of this data can even, under some circumstances, prevent an increased security risk. This allows for proactive measures to be taken to avoid an incident.
Work Permit a Glance
Application across industries
Get Started Today