Traceability solution in manufacturing companies helps to trace the raw materials and equipment’s used in the production or assembly area, to clarify “when and where the product was produced by whom.” This system gives the complete chain of data of the raw-materials or sub-assembly used in the production for making the product
As the demand of Safety and Quality increase in manufacturing arena the traceability uses have increases very rapidly. In order to have proper safety and delivering quality product the tracking and tracing is most important in manufacturing facility.
It helps to monitor the operation flow, quantities of raw material used, time spent by the operator at each work station to do the product activity and also the overall productivity of the plant.
The system keeps tracks of all vital data and information of a product and its components through all or part of its production and utilization chain. This will enable you to see in which areas of your production are underperforming and help you make changes to improve your manufacturing lead time.
The system is powered with a barcode which is uniquely generated and assigned to a product which can be scanned in any phases of the product to find the vital information. At each stage of scanning the information are getting stored in a secured server which can be monitored and analysed at ant given point of time.
How Traceability Works?
Traceability works by attaching unique barcode on every manufactured product at every stage to make sure they are traced through the manufacturing process .
The operator details,Equipment details,Raw material usage can be easily identified using the system
Traceability includes Online tracing, order management tool, test certificate generation as well as traceability software.
Manufacturing industries contain various sections in the assembly line like inventory management, component marking, product labelling, packaging, cartoon pallet labelling. The assembly contains a physical flow of traceable items along with a unique barcode. The barcode contains desired information about the product.
During the process, online tracing is deployed across the plant with unique number generation. First, this needs to trace the flow of materials.
Traceability is used for tracking the PCB, Bessel assembly and order management tool is used to manage the orders like creating order and viewing orders. Every component can be tracked through online and offline software.
Features of Traceability
- Items and sub-assembly are serialized by unique code number
- Tracking of Products from raw materials to finished state
- Work order Management and scheduling
- Tracing Critical and vital information of products in its usage lifecycle
- Track the progress of production orders throughout the factory
- Provide full history of each production order
- Capture planned quantity, actual quantity, start & end time and duration
- Eliminated Errors- Ensure user to use the correct material against BOM
- Reduce the waste
- Quality of product increases
- Capture the date each step, providing full process traceability for continuous improvement.
- Root Cause Analysis – If the system provided the end-to-end data then the in-depth analysis can be done for a particular process or product
Applications across Industries
- Manufacturing industries.
- Automobile industries.
- Pharmaceutical industries.
- Retailing/Point of sale
- Warehouse/ distribution centre